Booking Gigs with the MAJ
Interested in contacting us about performing in a show or event? We'd love to hear from you!
Our club is open to anyone and everyone who shares an interest in juggling and other circus arts. We are a mix of college students and Madison residents who get together twice a week to throw clubs at each other. Currently our club consists of a fair number of avid hobbyists honing their skills, but our members have a wide range of skills. Some of us are beginners, but a few of us work as professional entertainers, occasionally or regularly.
Many of us perform regularly in the 47th annual Madfest Juggling Extravaganza, right here in Madison, as well as in other juggling festivals and special events throughout the year. Most of us also dabble in other circus-related arts and bizarre talents including plate or top spinning, poi, German wheel, unicycling, diabolo, and other object manipulation, etcetera, etcetera.
We may not always be available to perform, as most of our group balances juggling with work, family, and school. But it's always worth asking!
If you'd like some of us to perform for you, please answer the following questions and email your answers to our gigs mailing list email@example.com . This will get your preliminary information directly to all members of the MAJ interested in performing in gigs. We'll let you know if anyone is available within a week.
Tell Us About Your Event!
Please email your answers to the following questions to our gigs mailing list:
- What are the address, date, time and name of the event?
- What's your budget like?
- How many performers are you looking for?
- Indoors or outdoors?
- Is it a stage show, or a walk-around gig? ("Walk-around" means you want jugglers juggling in the background, or moving from table to table, or roaming, rather than a formal stage act.)
- How long of a performance are you looking for? How many shows or acts?
- What is the stage or performance space like? (What's its length and width? If indoors, how high is the ceiling? What kind of material is the floor's surface? Is the floor flat and level? Is the audience higher or lower than the performer? If so, how much?)
- What kind of a performance or show are you looking for?
(For instance, do you want to see just juggling, or are you interested in seeing any other particular skills or circus arts like poi swinging, unicycling, balance, diabolo top, plate spinning, or yoyos? Would you prefer a comedic act, or 'artsy', bizarre surprises? Or are you happy to see any interesting show?)
- Who's the audience? (Is it all ages, or mostly elderly people, or mostly kids, or families?)
- Roughly, how many people will be in the crowd?
- Is a sound system available? Microphones? What kind? Can we play CDs or mp3s?
- Is there anything else you need, or want us to be aware of, or do for you?
Thanks so much for your interest, and we hope we can put on a good show!